Right Hand Intern/Apprenticeship

Posted on April 18, 2013. Filed under: startups, venture capital |

If you are a reader of this blog, you likely know by now that Doug, Eric, and I have been cooking on a new startup for the past few months.  We’ve arrived at a stage where I am ready to bring on someone to help me be a more effective CEO.  I had this “right hand” relationship with a very talented MBA student while running Hyperpublic and I’ve learned that I like working alongside a right hand guy/gal.  The only reason to take this gig is to get a crash course in startup operations, strategy and company building.  We have been bootsrapping. There’s no cash to be had, so you have to really want to learn and be a part of the earliest stages of building a technology company.  For the right person, this is your window into the “how to build a successful company playbook.” My goal will be to hand you the bottom 10% of work that I do as CEO, and to share with you my process and thinking around the other 90%.  I will invest heavily in mentorship and guidance, and I will expect you to invest heavily and getting shit done.  This is a job for someone who takes deep pride in EVERY single thing they do.  There will be a lot of small jobs. A lot of unsexy work…and some really important, very sexy work… I envision this being a sort of 2-3 month gig.  At the end, my hope is that you will go on to start your first company, with a playbook and model for early stage execution in your head and a network/platform within the technology community to succeed.   It may be that you fall in love with our company and we evolve to a point where there is a full time role for you here, but that is not why you take this opportunity.

The ideal candidate

–       you were born with your sleeves rolled up

–       you might be trying to move from another industry into the tech/startup world (my last right hand guy came from Goldman Sachs)

–       you are the hardest working person you know

–       you are a self starter who can get things done without a lot of direction or help

–       you might have an MBA, but one is not required

–       operations, execution and project management excite you

–       you have deep attention to detail

–       you like research and analytical thinking

–       you are upset by the experience of using the internet on your phone

What you’ll get

–       a ground floor seat on our rocket ship

–       I’ll teach you everything I possibly can

–       You’ll spend your days sitting next to some of the brightest minds in our industry

Commitment: 4-5 days per week, 2-3 month gig

Start Date: ASAP

Send resume / relevant web links to: jordan.cooper@gmail.com (put Intern/Apprenticeship in subject line pls)

Make a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

2 Responses to “Right Hand Intern/Apprenticeship”

RSS Feed for Jordan Cooper's Blog: startups, venture capital, etc… Comments RSS Feed

Hypocrisy, anyone?

If you can’t see the difference in these two voices you are the dumbest person on earth


Where's The Comment Form?

    About

    I’m a NYC based investor and entrepreneur. I think there is one metric that can be used to measure the value of a human life and that’s impact. How did you change things? How many people did you touch? How different is the world because you lived in it and how positive was the change that you affected? (p.s. i don’t use spell check…deal with it) You can email me at Jordan.Cooper@gmail.com

    RSS

    Subscribe Via RSS

    • Subscribe with Bloglines
    • Add your feed to Newsburst from CNET News.com
    • Subscribe in Google Reader
    • Add to My Yahoo!
    • Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS

    Meta

Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...

%d bloggers like this: